Sage is a member of the mint family and its name comes from the Latin ‘salvare’ which means ‘to heal’
Traditionally used for:
- May assist with the relief of excessive sweating and perspiration
- May assist with the relief of hot flushes associated with menopausal symptoms
- May reduce breastmilk production
- May be used as a gargle (when prepared as directed) for the relief of mouth ulcers and minor throat irritations.
Indications For Use: It may be useful for those experiencing excessive perspiration. As a gargle for mouth and/or throat problems. May assist lactating mothers who wish to help stop flow of breast milk.
No Added: Gluten; lactose; soy; starch; sugars or salt; wheat products; artificial colourings; flavourings or preservatives.
Ingredients & Excipients
Each capsule contains:
- Salvia officinalis (Sage) leaf powder 400mg”
Dose & Administration
Adults: Take 3 capsules three times daily with a meal; or as professionally prescribed.Mouthwash or gargle: Open two capsules; add one cup of boiling water. Allow to stand for 10-20 minutes. Strain; use when warm.
Cautions: Not recommended while pregnant.Not recommended while breast feeding (unless to assist weaning) as sage decreases the flow of breast milk.Take two hours away from all prescription medications.
Warnings: Always read the label. Follow directions for use. If symptoms persist; talk to your health professional. Not to be used in children under 5 years.